The Company Snelman was searching for a new system to seal and coat existing acrylic floors in their factory to create antislip surfaces that are easy to clean. Together with TEKE as preferred applicator and VIP as formulator they devised a time saving solution based on Polyurea Quick-Spray as a long term solution. To save time and money the QuickSpray Industrial S (aromatic) was chosen, a 100% Polyurea 2-K Surface Coating based on Polyamine technology with a slightly delayed gel time for a superior surface finish without dry spray.
The work was carried out in 5 easy steps:
1. The floor was sandblasted to clean and abrade the existing surface.
2. The damages in the concrete were repaired using the QuickFill SL Slow system to get a smooth surface.
3. The concrete was than primed with QuickPrime 2-K Epoxy SF to achieve a full dampness barrier.
4. Then the Polyurea QuickSpray (aromatic) in light grey was applied using a Graco Reactor HXP-2 hot spray machine.
5. For added security all joints to adjacent rooms were afterwards filled with QuickFill SL Slow. This process could be completed in a very short space of time over the Easter weekend, while the factory was closed. Through using the QuickSpray the application could be completed within the specified time and the whole area was back in action as planned.
TEKE OY, Valkeala
Find your contact now!